Booking as a Member
You May book as a Member if you are:
- a member of the BKS Iyengar Yoga Association of Australia,
- a member of any other national Iyenger Yoga Association.
You will be required to enter your membership number, and the country of membership when booking.
Booking as a Non-Member
You do not need to be a member of an Iyenger association to attend the convention. Non-members also need to meet the minimum proficiency requirements detailed below.
You may book to attend the General classes if you meet the following minimum proficiency: Minimum 2 years regular attendance at Iyengar yoga classes.
You may book to attend the Advanced Classes if you meet the following minimum proficiency:
- 10 minute Salamba Sirsana,with arm and leg variations;
- Sirsasana from back to Dwi pada Viparita Dandasana;
- Be confident to work toward Eka pada Rajakapotasana, Kapotasana, Vrischikasana;
- Have a good understanding of the actions involved rather then being able to do them using force or relying on flexibility.
- Be competent to sit straight for twenty minutes;
- Have a good and strong Ujjayi Viloma practice.
by way of a letter from a Senior Teacher confirming the above, to be presented on registration at the convention.